July 10th, 2014
| Home Shopping Guidelines
Tips For Homebuying
The homebuying experience can be an adventure along with being stressful! Here are a few tips to make the process more satisfying and enjoyable.
- The very first step is for You to Order Your Credit Report and make sure the information is correct. Order your free credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Don’t wait until you’ve made an offer to get approved for a mortgage. This is called putting the horse before the cart. Have your pre-approval in hand. It gives you negotiating power!
- Choose a home first because you love it; a home’s most important role is a comfortable place to live where you can be yourself.
- Don’t ask too many opinions from others as too much input from others can make your decision much harder. By doing your homework your instincts is what counts. Trust yourself!
- Focus on the things that are most important to you as no house is ever perfect and always take in consideration of the neighborhood in making your decision.
- Don’t try to be a hard negotiator as trying to “win” getting a low price when you've already secured seller’s concessions. You take a chance on losing the home you fell in love with.
- There’s no right time to buy, anymore than there’s a right time to sell as interest rates and home prices usually are stable (the worse is behind us!) plus a good, solid marketable home won’t stay on the market long.