Tips For Homebuying
The homebuying experience can be an adventure along with being stressful, here are a few tips to make the process more satisfying and enjoyable.
1. The very first step is for you to Order Your Credit Report and make sure the information is correct. To order your free credit report use www.annualcreditreport.com
2. Don’t wait until you’ve made an offer to get approved for a mortgage. This is called putting the horse before the cart.
3. Choose a home first because you love it; a home’s most important role is giving you a comfortable place to live.
4. Don’t ask too many opinions from people as the more different input you get, it can make your decision much harder. By doing your homework, your instinct is what counts.
5. Focus on the things that are most important to you as no house is ever perfect and always take in consideration of the neigborhood in making your decision.
6. Don’t try to be a hard negotiator as trying to “win” getting a low price with seller’s concessions may lose you the home you fell in love with.
7. There’s no right time to buy, anymore than there’s a right time to sell as interest rates and home prices usually are stable (the worse is behind us) plus a good home won’t stay on the market for long.
8. Call 1 STOP MORTGAGE for a free consultation; we are local and always have been.
Robert T. Lord